Academic Advisors in the Office of The Registrar provide Northrise's undergraduates information and advisement related to course and program requirements; curricular offerings; college procedures, regulations, and polocies; and personal concerns. This information complements the efforts of the advisors by presenting current advisement information online. In most cases, you will find answers to general questions on student advising on this page, at your convenience.
The Academic Advising page on this site is not a replacement for meeting with an Advisor in the Office of the Registrar.
However, using this Academic Advising information on the site to learn more about general academic requirements, discover campus resources, review policy basics, and find answers to frequently asked questions will better prepare you for the real time advisement sessions with your academic advisors in the Office of the Registrar.
Things to Do
Read carefully the Northrise University Student Handbook sections about academic programs and policies; administrative services; tuition, fees, and financial aid; student life, services, and support resources.
Enjoy your Northrise experience!
What is an Advisor?
At Northrise University, you will encounter many individuals important to your academic progress, including your Advisor in the Office of the Registrar. To schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor, call (260) 2-622-195, or visit Room 104 First Floor Downtown Campus, Buteko Avenue, Caravelle House Ndola.
What will your Advisor do to assist you in achieving your academic goals?
- provide current academic information
- help you learn about Northrise
- explain academic requirements clearly
- listen to you
- suggest introductory courses based on your interests
- be interested in you
- support you in the development of a plan of study
- let you make final decisions about your course of study
- encourage you
- help you resolve problems
- offer referrals to appropriate campus resources
How can you help make your advising experience productive?
- know who your Advising Services Advisor is
- read and re-read available academic materials
- check your Northrise email account regularly
- keep scheduled appointments with your Advisor
- tell your Advisor about successes and problems in courses
- identify achievable academic goals
- adhere to University deadlines
- discuss academic issues before they become problems
- Ask questions. Ask! Ask! Ask!