Bachelor of Commerce in Management
The Management Major offers students a general management background and aims at the development of management competencies applicable to a broad range of disciplines and business functional areas. A primary goal of the Major is to increase students' skills in the management of people, an area of need that is consistently identified by practicing business professionals as complex and crucial to the success and survival of business entities. The Major specifically prepares students to manage and lead individuals and teams across all functional areas in diverse organizations.
The program is also designed to develop the professional knowledge and skills of cross-functional managers in any organization. It enhances skills necessary for improved organizational effectiveness in a dynamic and evolving workplace. The curriculum focuses on the development of management roles. It emphasizes skills necessary to align resources, and to improve communication, productivity, and effectiveness. Through a participative learning environment students are taught to manage innovation and apply professional skills and knowledge. Special emphasis can be placed on key management areas, including, leadership, general management, or human resource management based on student preference.
On successful completion of the Bachelor of Commerce in Management graduates will be able to:
- Explain principles and practice of contemporary management
- Understand leadership and organizational dynamics
- Be able to deal with people in a professional, ethical manner and with integrity
- Understand business processes and the role of technology in modern business
- Think critically and creatively in solving business problems
- Communicate exceptionally both in writing and orally
- Work effectively in teams
To know more on how to be eligible for the award of this program, please click here -->BCom (Mgt) Award Eligibility