The Human Resource Management concentration helps students develop an understanding of human resource management and its strategic relevance in business. The concentration addresses the legal and ethical components of the decision making process involved in the human resources environment. The Human Resource Management Major introduces students to the concepts of human resource management, and allows further study in the areas of employment law, risk management, recruitment and selection of employees, international HR, change management, compensation and benefits, employee development, and performance management.
Students will also develop an understanding of the critical business implications for human resource professionals today and in the future in Zambia and internationally. HR practitioners and managers must be equipped with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of human resource management, along with strong skills in the areas of systems thinking, problem solving, influencing, negotiating, communications, and leadership. This program is consistent with generally accepted human resource management principles, including the professional certification knowledge areas.
On successful completion of the Bachelor of Human Resource Management graduates will be able to:
- Understand and deal effectively with the functional aspects of employee administration such as compensation, recruitment, personnel training and development, career planning, labor relations, and collective bargaining
- Understand and explain the behavior and interactions of individuals, groups, and organizations
- Explain leadership characteristics that lead toward organizational effectiveness
- Manage change and conflict in organizational and labor contacts as a catalyst to improve operational effectiveness
- Understand the legislative realities of Zambian labor laws and their regulations governing the work place.
To know more on how to be eligible for the award of this program, please click here -->BHRM Award Eligibility