This degree provides students with knowledge of financial environments and modern analytical techniques. Students learn to understand a broad range of finance areas including business finance, accounting, investment management, international financial management and financial economics. Graduates will be equipped for a career in stock broking, financial services and business.
Upon successful completion, the students will have a variety of career options to select ranging from financial services, banker, insurance, financial planner, financial adviser, funds manager, financial analyst, industrial analyst, investment analyst, investment banker, security analyst, underwriter, options/future trader, treasury, foreign exchange trader/officer, share trader, lending officer, finance officer, corporate or policy adviser, business consultant, research officer, business economist and so on.
At the completion of the program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Identify, analyze and solve problems in different decision contexts
- Think constructively and logically
- Make effective and creative use of modern technologies
- Acquire specific knowledge and skills relevant to their major study areas
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of accounting, finance, economics and business law
- Satisfy educational entrance requirement of relevant professional bodies such as the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA).
To know more on how to be eligible for the award of this program, please click here -->BFA Award Eligibility